Friday 23 July 2010

Jean-Paul

I was a fan. She made her first concert in Paris in 1987 or 1988, and there was a party after. I was intimidé, but she was first to arrive, waiting for everybody. She was like this always for 10 years, always on time but now… boof, finished! She is the last one (laughs).

Alors, she was super-cute, so I said to ’er, ‘I would love to do something super-special for you.’ She was like, ‘Yeah, yeah, okay.’ Then, two days before my show, I receive a phone call. They tell me it’s Madonna, but I’m like, ‘Yeah, yeah, okay, whatever.’ I don’t believe it’s possible. But the next day I ask if it’s true, and there is a number and I call and she answers and tells me to come to New York and we prepare for the tour.

Jean-Paul Gaultier, 2010
in The Sunday Times

No comments: