Monday 27 June 2011

Summer's here!

Of all the images that come into my mind when Summer arrives, I always think of the cover of Interview from June 93. Simple, luminescent and filled with that timeless M expression of Beauty. In one word: stunning.

On that issue, M chatted with Mike Myers by telephone, talking about everything and nothing at all. One page of pure Madonna humour accompanied by a beautiful, sexy portfolio of 7 photographs by Herb Ritts, celebrating the beginning of Summer. There they were, those gooorgeous bangs à la Bette Davis, a few days after they were flaunted during the amazing rendition of Peggy Lee's Fever, at Arsenio's 1000th episode. Some of the photos would be used for the Girlie Show tourbook.

So many good reasons to start a series of posts dedicated to the hot season!





Watch more from this first section of Ritt's photoshoot Through The Looking Glass.

2 comments:

Ique in Vogue said...

Only now I realized that you have a link for my blog on your page, but thank you, really thank you

but I chenged the adress, that is now:

http://imagem-madonna.blogspot.com/









I loooove this Interview shoot, I wonder if someday she will do something so natural like this

Rui Clemente said...

Thank you for the new address, I've just changed it!
This photoshoot is pure Madonna. LOOOVE IT!