Tuesday 8 November 2011

November 8, 2011: Give Me All Your Love!!!

The same way I will never forget the very first time I heard Like a Virgin, Like a Prayer, Vogue, Justify My Love, Erotica, Secret, Frozen, Music or Hung Up, this is DEFINITELY one night to remember.

I just had dinner and logged into Blogger, to find a message from my dear dear reader Cait. When I opened it, I just couldn't believe what my eyes were reading: «Full GMAYL demo here...»

Oh my God... oh my God... OH MY GOOOOD!!!

Although this is a demo and even though it may not end up in the final tracklist, one thing is certain: this is A NEW MADONNA SONG!!!

And WHAT AN AMAZING TRACK!!!!
Burning Up meets Gambler meets Over and Over meets 2011!!!
I JUST CAN´T STOP LISTENING TO IT!!!

This SO leads me to yesterday's "message from Universal" that surfaced in the internet:

The response from the listening party at Universal Music was overwhelming positive and the production is apparently "very new an fresh". Keep calm. We have a major Madonna album coming our way. Buzz from Universal is that she has a masterful dance pop album on her hands. They are going to promote like nobody's business. I'm expecting two #1 singles off this album. It's very modern and VERY dance from what my guy at UMG said - but done only as Madonna can do.

YES! YES! YES!!!!

It's only a demo yet, but...

... WE ARE SO FUCKING HAPPY, MADONNA!!!
THANK YOOOOU!!!

... and once again, thank you Cait! ;)

5 comments:

Ique in Vogue said...

And I, spent the day looking for old magazines with Madonna photos in stores, avoiding to be on internet again for one whole day, expecting that something new could happens... then I get home, took a shower, read magazines, eat and then... at 19:30 (Brasil)... here it is.



Thank God

Rui Clemente said...

A day you surely WON'T FORGET, Ique!
THANK GOD, YES! :D

Ique in Vogue said...

I will never forget, as I remember the others...

Anonymous said...

Unfortunatly, I can not share your joy about this track. It is very catchy and does stay in your head but it has no depth and the lyrics are very childlike.
I remember when the lyrics for 'Candy Shop' leaked and I thought they had to be a joke. For me, most of HC was terrible.

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/magazine/cover/madonna-interview-1211?click=pp

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion/fashion-articles/madonna-fashion-pictures-1211#

-Cait

Rui Clemente said...

I understand your point of view, Cait. I also miss the depth and complexity she explored in Like a Prayer, Ray Of Light or American Life. Hard Candy was lazy, I'm not fond of it either.
However, my interpretation is that her approach to music, in recent times, has been more simple, lighter, celebratory - what I perceive as being a return to her real musical roots. Dance has always been an intrinsic part of her musical code, so when I hear Give Me All Your Love, it's 100% Madonna! But let's see what the album has to offer ;)