Sunday 30 October 2011

The W.E. Tour: Episode 5

Ten days after the last appearance in Venice, M was back on track and cleverly following the film festivals circuit to promote W.E.. Next target: the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF).

On September 12, M attended a press conference with cast members Abbie Cornish, Andrea Riseborough and Abel Korzeniowski and presented another one of her appropriatley sober, hyper-elegant outfits. She's the Director here, period.

And at 5 pm (Lisbon time), during the last hour of my workday, I entered the TIFF website and my heart jumped as soon as I read the words "coming up: W.E. press conference". A few minutes later, the image was on, blue background, large table with microphones, journalists going to their seats, heart started racing and BAM... THERE SHE WAS! Madonna in real time! The damn computer had no soundboard but I watched the whole thing, completely entrallhed with that gorgeous face and oh-so-familiar expressions. Needless to say, I couldn't work AT ALL. Shhhh... don't tell anything to my boss.

















No comments: