Sunday 29 July 2012

(Another) Act of Contrition

Yes, I know I'm giving any reader a good reason not to visit this blog anymore. My recent unability to keep Madonna Under My Skin updated may seem a bit disrespectful for those who usually come here - some of them are truly special, you know who you are :)

Of course, I feel obliged to explain why:

1) after finishing my year-long course in early June, I just felt incredibly tired. My body just refused to write a single line;

2) then, things got really serious at work. Thight deadlines, millions of reports to write, even spending some weekends working, otherwise the school would actually close and I'd lose my job;

3) finally, the MDNA Tour across the Iberian Peninsula. Went to the all the shows, two in Barcelona, one in Coimbra. The impact was so strong and unexpected, that I just couldn't articulate any words about it. I spent an entire month immersed in emotions, away from rational thought about Madonna.

But now, the Olympia incident made me react. "Enough. I have to write. I have to stand up for my idol". It's the least I can do.

For all of those who usually come here, my sincere apologies for such a long silence.

No comments: