Sunday 29 July 2012

Shame on you, Madonna "fans"

I've never been so shocked. This goes way beyond The Sun's infamous headline back in 1993, when The Girlie Show kicked off in London. Because this time, it came from the "fans" themselves. A bunch of them. But enough to make this a media blood bath.

Yes, Madonna's communication staff should have made it more clear, only to avoid this. It's the only "should" I can find.

I feel truly disgusted with what happened after the Olympia show. Madonna's labour of love - a heartfelt tribute to France and a special treat to her French fans - has turned against her. She does NOT deserve this. She slept with the enemy.

If I had the money and the time, I would have paid for the ticket. I would have spent the night at the door. I would have left the venue feeling absolutely privileged and deeply grateful for being in the same room where such an amazing, top class, unique performance took place. It's the difference between a true fan and an intruder.

The media is now indulging itself with such an event. People are mean and, once more, Madonna an easy target. But we all now that she've been through a whole lot worse in the past... and she survided.

Now, it's time to put this shameful event behind, keep the amazing performance in our memories and get back to the MDNA Tour. The show must go on. Next stop: Vienna!

I love you, Madonna. Forever and always.

Arriving yesterday at the Imperial Hotel, Vienna.

No comments: