Wednesday 10 July 2013

In The Midnight Hour

A song is like an entity. We enjoy it through our hearing, but it's our state of mind and our emotions that set the ground for its power to manifest.

A lot has been going on in my life, in the past few months. A downward spiral of emotions. Fear took over, once again.

But things are changing now. Through daily meditation, I'm finally reconnecting and getting rid of all the toxic waste. My thoughts are different, my focus has changed. And a few days ago, a song took form in my mind, spontaneously.

Not any of the recycled/reinvented versions, live or remixed, but the primal, original one.
Like A Prayer with the dry beat of the drum, the funky guitar, the church organ, the choir... And Madonna's voice, so vulnerable. So strong.

Yes, it's all about religion - not any other song (and video) in the history of pop music was so defiant. But Like A Prayer hides such deeper meanings. A true spiritual force, set in motion when we fathom the mystery of life.

In the midnight hour
I can feel your power...

No comments: