Tuesday 26 January 2010

The outtakes

I can´t stop saying this: the internet is one of the greatest miracles of our time. Among so many other things, it brings access to something that leaves any die-hard Madonna fan totally breathless: the never-seen-before stuff.

Every now and then, it starts raining outtakes from M's photoshoots, from recent sessions to the absolute classics. And boy, what a commotion to discover a never-seen-before from the old days, when the only thing we could see was dictated by the press only...

This week, it rained again. And one of the most AMAZING images is this beautiful shot of M and Steven Meisel, during the Sex-inspired session for October 92's issue of Vanity Fair.

A serious case of "OH MY GOD!!!"...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is just unreal! I totally died when I saw this the first time. I really LOVE your birthday series also. Please don't stop!

Rui Clemente said...

WOW, reading your comment was freakin' awesome!!! So glad to know u loved the bday series, they're so great to look at, aren't they?
Even though I don't have as much time as I'd like to keep the blog updated, I sure don't wanna stop!
Your words add so much fuel to this project. Thank u so much! :))

Anonymous said...

I know just what you mean! I've been a huge fan of M since 1989. It's obvious that you are a devoted fan as well. I never imagined I'd find photo's of M I'd never seen, in such amazing quality, but here they are! I'm in love with the 89-92 era. It was such a creative time. Update when you can..we'll be waiting :D Thanks again.

Rui Clemente said...

God, my devotion goes back to my childhood, when I first saw the Like a Virgin video! I was completely overwhelmed with that girl. I couldn't agree more with you: the 89-92 era (I would also include the amazing year of 1993) is one of her BEST!
Once again, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :D