Tuesday 26 January 2010

RIT live in Lisbon: a dream come true

The waiting is over. Last Thursday, the Lisbon recordings finally came out, after 5 years of rumours, speculations and a lot of anxiety. Even though it's not an official release, it will always be "Get Up Lisbon!" for us - and a dream come true to me. The Sept. 13 concert from the Re-Invention Tour, Madonna's first time in Lisbon, is certainly one of the most memorable episodes of my life as a M fan.

But to make things even more nerve-wrecking, I had to wait a whole weekend to finally see it. Some hours after it came out, I was about to leave to Porto. I had a great time there. However, it was quite a challenge to me, to stay calm while thinking that the show was out there. I refused myself to watch it online. It had to be special. So I waited.
.
Meanwhile, the reactions were coming at me: Mary's comments on Facebook, Pepe's text messages, everybody totally flipped out with such an amazing event. We were all there, at the front row, in our country, having the moment of our lives. This is huge. And both Mary and Pepe mentioned what I "feared" the most: in one of the audience shots, when M sings "Crazy For You", I am there! My heart almost exploded. I remember the cameras pointing at us so many times, while we were screaming, singing and dancing our hearts out, with such happiness and devotion, so close to her.

Back at home, after 4 days of waiting, I finally saw the footage. And I cannot describe it in words. It is still hard to believe. Each second of the show feels like a trip to Heaven. For 2 hours, I am there again, experiencing the imagens, sounds and feelings that took me to another level - a mystical one.

And there it is: in 2 frames, I can see myself in the audience!!! During "Crazy for You" and before the beginning of the show. This is beyond what I could ever imagine - exactly as when I saw myself in "I'm Going To Tell You a Secret".

It feels like a gift from God, some sort of Higher blessing, for all these years as a devoted fan. No words can describe how grateful I feel.

No comments: