Saturday 6 November 2010

Bryan Ferry

I've always loved Bryan Ferry. And it was such a thrill to hear his new album, Olympia.
Which made me want to go back to his old stuff. And after listening to 1987's Bête Noire (one of my all-time favourites), I was struck by the amazing Madonna-esque sound it emanates. Limbo and Day For Night would fit her perfectly. And then I asked myself... who produced it? Went to Wiki. And... BINGO! There it was: Patrick Leonard. It's amazing how we can become so sensitive to subtleties like these...

Then I remembered: back in 1988 (precisely during the Bête Noire period), there were these rumours of a Madonna / Ferry collaboration. What a pity that it never became a matter of fact...

One thing is for sure: M did attend one of his shows, at that time.

Attending Bryan Ferry's concert, 1988
(notice the All Access sticker on her coat... and the oh-so-gorgeous face).



Listen and judge for yourself...

No comments: