Sunday 7 November 2010

M by Deborah Feingold, 1983




Among the many celebrities you photographed there is of course Madonna. You did what is now considered a classic photoshoot with her in 1983. Were you asked to do the photoshoot by Warners and for a specific project?

I believe I requested the assigment from a magazine.

What do you remember of the day you met that rising young star?

It was shot in my studio/apartment. It was so tiny that all of my furniture folded up to make room for my shoots. As I recall she was very easy going.

Do you have any special memories or funny anecdotes from that day on the set?

Not really, but as I look back on the images it does appear that she was quite comfortable.

Did you sense that day she was going to become not only one of the most popular entertainers on this planet but such a huge icon?

Yes.

Source: MadonnaTribe.
Read Deborah Feingold's full interview here.

No comments: